Saturday 29 August 2009

Today's biggest decision

Decided today to write the novel in longhand, returning to my "roots" of the way I wrote Endings & Beginnings, my last novel. I find a greater connection with the words that way, and also I can literally write anywhere, as long as I have paper and a pen with me, which, as a writer, I always do.
Got a little further in the novel today, and also have decided to write some of the chapters out of order as necessary. I still can't bring myself to write the rest of the rape scene from the beginning, but know I have to keep writing something every day, so writing out of order is really my only option at the moment. That's one reason having a semi-detailed chapter outline comes in so handy; I know exactly what has to happen in each and every chapter, so I can write it in any order I choose.
Enough for today, I need to get back to it. Maybe another game of Minesweeper first ;) and then back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment