Monday 24 August 2009

My head hurts ...

Just got home from the library, having spent the day doing extensive research into the US legal system, more specifically today looking at material relevant to my novel (ie. child abuse cases, pros and cons of putting a child on the stand, strategies of defense counsel in cross-examination of the state's expert witnesses, etc.)
All in all, a gruelling day. Productive, yes, but gruelling, especially considering the bulk of the subject matter I had to read to get the information I require before I can begin the writing itself.
Have managed to locate also the other books I will be looking at over the next few days, including a really super-duper one on the science of jury selection. Mm-mm, that will be a riveting read, LOL.
Anyway, just thought y'all might want to know where I'm up to with this thing, and hopefully as I have said earlier, by the end of this week, I should have covered all the research points I want/need to, so will be ready to start putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys, whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment