Tuesday 25 August 2009

A much better day ...

Spent the entire day in the library again, and now know ALL about the intricacies of jury selection. Okay, so the books weren't necessarily riveting page turners as you might have expected, but they certainly provided me with a wealth of knowledge, such that I feel almost ready to start writing this novel.
Still have another day planned for tomorrow, leafing through a book on American criminal procedure, as there are a number of key differences between the American system (where I am setting the novel) and the Australian system (where my research to date has focused on). So, once again, not necessarily a terribly exciting day on one hand, but definitely an important day on the other, and something that will allow me to look as though I know what I'm talking about as I write the novel itself.
Very excited to think that by the end of the week, I should be ready to begin the actual writing. Of course, I will keep you informed as to how that goes, and MAY occasionally post an excerpt here...don't know for sure about that though, I've never really let anyone read a work-in-progress...But there's a first time for everything, I suppose.
And that way, I can get some feedback from readers around the world before the novel is complete, that might be a little exciting. Go ahead and leave a comment, let me know what you think.
That's enough for today. I'm feeling kind of exhausted after a day of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment