Saturday 22 August 2009

Melbourne Writer's Festival

I couldn't let the day go by without mentioning my trip to the Melbourne Writer's Festival earlier today.
I went to the session called "X-Rated: How Far Can a Crime Writer Go?", a panel featuring PD Martin, Garry Disher and Philip McLaren, three incredibly big names in Australian crime fiction.
The session was absolutely incredible, I picked up so much handy information, including chatting personally with all three of them afterwards, and sharing my latest novel idea (the one featured in this particular blog) with them and receiving feedback.
And of course, I now feel completely vindicated after my slightly-less-than-positive workshop experience the other night; I now know that as crime fiction goes, I am/was completely in the right! Woo-hoo! You see, research pays off more than comments based on simple ignorance. (Actually, that sounds like I'm really bitter about it. I'm not, just so you know).
Anyway, enough for this post. I will of course keep you informed as to how my character sketches are going. I hope to finish them in the next few days, and then get onto Step 4 of the Snowflake Method.

No comments:

Post a Comment